By Finch Pierson
Sorry for this… it’s random and I’m hoping for recommendations for cool stuff to watch. So here are lists of stuff you can skim, if you don’t read it and instead just give recommendations that is cool.
What I have watched most or all of this year and last year (probably an incomplete list because I forget things):
- Bojack Horseman (almost finished) —I love this series.
- Big Mouth —this is my comfort series
- Legally Blonde –a classic
- Mean Girls – another classic
- If Anything Happens I Love You —clearly I was sobbing
- Black Friday — A masterpiece
- The Guy Who Didn’t Like Musicals — The first of the Team Starkid musicals I watched. I used to hate musicals growing up because most of the ones I witnessed were terrible, but now I have seen so many good ones.
- Firebringer —
- Twisted: The Untold Story of A Royal Vizier — so much better than Disney
- Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog — A good musical, fairly short, but still has an engaging, if strange musical.
- Loki — A great series if with a somewhat convoluted plot.
- Wandavision (one episode left) — Better than the Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
- Captain America and the Winter Soldier — An okay series.
- Gravity Falls — A good comedy show, primarily with a target audience of children, but meant to be great for all ages.
- Helluva Boss — watch this
- Hazbin Hotel — watch this as well
- The Suicide Squad — A great movie
- The Dragon Prince (watched most of it) — It is a super great show that gives of ATLA vibes.
- The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (finished the most recent series) — A good comedy anime.
- School Living Club — Gives off Angel Beats vibes.
- Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun — A rom-com anime.
- Naruto (part way through) — A classic anime.
- Six the Musical — A musical I watched with my sister.
- Dumplin’ — An amazing movie.
- Disclosure: Trans Lives on Screen — trigger warning (it discusses rough topics such as physical and sexual assault, r*pe, transphobia, homophobia, abuse, and other such topics). The documentary talks about trans representation in the media throughout history and the ways it has affected the LGBTQ+ history. Can be pretty traumatic to watch at some points. It is definitely meant for an adult audience.
- Princess Mononoke — One of Studio Ghibli’s movies. Beautiful animation.
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (a lot of it) — This series is chaos.
- New Girl (I watched some of it. I fell asleep during a few episodes because of utter exhaustion, not that anything really happened in those episodes really, etc) — It’s not bad so far. A random unrealistic comedy thing where sh*t just happens.
- Bo Burnham: Inside — It was interesting, it had some good parts.
- Miranda Sings —this was a very strange show.
Currently I’ve been watching The Voice with my siblings.
There are gonna be repetitions in the lists probably, who knows.
Stuff I’m Planning on watching:
- Hawkeye — Some of my relatives are watching it.
- Black Widow — I am very excited to witness this movie, a relative whom I am good friends with recommended this as their favorite Marvel movie.
- The Owl House (I’ve watched a little bit) — A series many people I know have watched and love.
- SheRa (I’ve watched a little bit) — I’ve heard so much about this.
- Demon Slayer (I’m like 10 episodes in) — I am hoping to watch this with a friend.
- Komi Can’t Communicate — It was recommended to me.
- Adventure Time (I’ve seen some of it) — I’ve seen some of it and listened to some of the music.
- Steven Universe — I wasn’t allowed to watch this growing up so as I am an adult I now desire to watch what I missed in the past.
- Kiss Him Not Me — I heard it’s great, and that is not all…
- Fruits Basket (Again I’ve seen some of it) — it’s meh, but supposedly it got better.
- Attack on Titan — Super good
- Demon Slayer — Again this is here.
- Arcane — I’ve heard it’s great and keep getting pestered to watch it as soon as possible.
- New Girl — I guess this is showing up twice
- Legally Blonde the Musical — Yup
- Mean Girls the Musical — Because Mean Girls is a classic
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower — It has been recommended many times.
- The Edge of Seventeen —I’ve been told that this is good and sad and really want to watch this.
- Moxie — I’ve heard that it is a feminist movie, and as a feminist myself I wish to watch and review it.
- Inside Job — It looks like a fun comedy from the trailer thing I saw.
If you have any recommendations, please send them to me. I am hoping to eventually review everything on this list including as many of the recommendations as possible.
This sh*t-post is brought to you by Finch J. Pierson. Sorry and goodbye.
~Finch Pierson (he/they)